For many of us, vitamins are of an essence for a healthy lifestyle. Today we look at the various information on Vitamin D like where can I get vitamin D? Vitamin D supplements, Prenatal Vitamin D, and other related topics. I hope you find this piece of article informative and interesting.
Vitamin D is generally referred to as any combination of vitamins normally found in the liver and fish oils, vitamin D is important for the absorption of calcium in our body system, especially in children and also in grownups. Vitamin D is an essential need for a healthy being. It is important for good health and strong bones. There are quite a lot of sources where we can acquire vitamin D. below are some of the best sources of vitamin D.
Where Can I get Vitamin D Sources?
- Sunlight: this for me is the easiest and most abundant way to acquire vitamin D. A healthy amount of sun exposure will work in order to get this important vitamin into your body system.
- Tuna fish (canned): who said you can’t acquire vitamin D from canned food? Vitamin D also is available in canned tuna fish.
- Fatty fish: it has been scientifically proven that fatty fish is a good source of vitamin D. Major examples include, tuna, eel, trout and salmon.
- Milk: apart from cheese and ice cream, all types of cow milk are usually rich with vitamin D.
- Orange juice: if you are not a dairy products fan, don’t worry you can still acquire enough vitamin D from fortified orange juice.
- Specific Mushrooms: it is known that just like humans, when some particular mushrooms are exposed to sunlight, they are capable of producing vitamin D when they get exposed to ultra-violet rays from the sun. Mushrooms such as Dole’s Portobello Mushrooms are good examples.
- Check out this women’s health site for more information as well.
Where Can I Get Vitamin D During My Pregnancy?
Most women will be urged to take vitamin D during pregnancy. This is really required during pregnancy. Well here are the reasons why pregnant women need vitamin D in their bodies.
- Vitamin D is responsible for regulating the content of calcium and phosphate in the human system. These components are of great importance since they are essential for keeping teeth and bones strong. What is consumed by the mother will surely get to the infant in the mother’s womb so the infant acquires all the benefits of the vitamin D.
- Vitamin D will promote healthy bone development in the unborn baby.
- It is recommended that pregnant women ought to take 4000IU of vitamin D on a daily basis. (That’s ten times the recommended amount of the normal amount of vitamin D consumed daily).
Where Can I Get Vitamin D Supplements?
It always advisable to go natural in terms of taking vitamins. However, in the case of pregnancy, pregnant women need to consume some supplements as well. Vitamins in fortified foods are usually available in two forms, D2 and D3. These two defer chemically. Research recommends that breastfed (exclusive and partial) infants acquire supplements of 400IU in a day after birth and continue to acquire to receive these supplements until weaning season. All pregnant and breastfeeding mothers should take vitamin D supplements for their own and infants’ advantage.